Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Photo Sharing - TEC-950

Photo Sharing


Morro Bay at Sunset
Morro Bay at Sunset


There are multiple photos sharing sites available for use today. Flickr is one that has been around for a number of years. To use Flickr you need to have a Yahoo account. Until just recently I had never used Flickr to house any of my personal photos but have used the site to search for photos that users had marked as shareable for projects.

The site I used for a long time was Photobucket. Until Google drive came along and Google Photo along with it Photobucket was my personal go-to place to store photos online and to share with friends. The picture below of the Taj Mahal I found stored in my Photobucket from a trip to India.


In 2013 I went to my first CUE Rockstar on the US Hornet at this event I participated in more than one photo walk. To share the photos taken during these walks we used Google Drive and shared folders. 




What does a photo really say? By the way, a photo is framed and shot can help to tell a story. Images can be used to teach students about point of view and storytelling. A picture can be used as the inspiration for a story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment